Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chapter 4

After practice the next day all of the guys were hanging out and just talking about their families. Brad was just listening to the guys and laughing at some of the jokes when his teammate, Brenden Morrow called his name, "Brad, hey what's going on with you and Ronnie? Are you gonna ask Ronnie to marry you? After all you two are having a baby".
Brad looked up at his teammate and said, "I do not know".
"Oh come on Brad we know you will do the right thing since you knocked Ronnie up" another teammate, Mike Ribeiro joked but then Adam Burish a forward for the Stars smacked Mike Ribeiro on the shoulder and said, "That's rude man. Not cool".
"Sorry Brad but I do not know why Ribeiro would say something that stupid. Oh wait he's had too many hits to his head. You do what you want because its your life, Brad".
"Thanks Adam. I might ask her but I have not had the best role models for a good marriage because my parents ended up getting divorced. But I love Ronnie more than anything in this world. She stole my heart the first time I saw her and of course now we are having a baby so we shall see".
"Glad to hear that" Brenden said patting his friend on the back.


Meanwhile Ronnie was at the Dallas Stars offices working in her office when she heard a knock at her open door and she looked up and saw her father standing there.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing today?" asked Joe Nieuwendyk, the general manager of the Dallas Stars team.
Ronnie got up from her desk and walked over to her dad, "I am fine and just taking it easy because this little guy woke me up really early this morning". Ronnie patted her not quite yet showing baby belly.
"I still can't believe that my little girl is having a baby but its wonderful and I am so happy for you" Joe said kissing his daughter on the forehead.
"I am happy too and this time I know my baby is going to make it" Ronnie said lifting her chin up and looking at her father.
"Ronnie do not bring up that bastard. I hate him and what he did to you. You did not deserve that and do not think you did. You were so innocent and he was so charming at first and then he hurt you. Brad is a better man and I know he loves you very much and will take good care of you and your baby".
"Dad, I do not know what I would do without you and all your support. I think I might have been still with Sean and maybe hurt worse than I can think. And I know now that I deserve to be treated with respect and love. I know that Brad loves and respects me with all his heart" Ronnie said hugging her father.


That evening when Ronnie got home she was exhausted and went into the bedroom to sleep. She did not even hear Brad come home and lay down next to her. Brad lay there watching Ronnie sleep and smiled to himself. He thought that at some point he would have to propose to Ronnie and he knew she would say yes. It was not the right time but it would happen because he and Ronnie were nothing like his parents.

Brad leaned over to kiss Ronnie gently on the lips. Ronnie's eyes fluttered open to see Brad smiling at her.

"Hey beautiful" Brad said.
"Hey hot stuff" Ronnie joked back.
"Did you have a good nap?" Brad asked pulling Ronnie closer to him.
"I did and I had an amazing dream about you, me and the baby and we lived on a tropical island. And we had no worries and made love all day long" Ronnie giggled as she snuggled closer to Brad.
"Hey I like that dream of yours" Brad smirked and then kissed Ronnie again.
Then out of no where Ronnie's stomach started growling, "I guess someone is hungry" Brad said.
"Actually I think its the baby that is hungry" Ronnie joked.
"Come on sweetheart, let's go and get some dinner" Brad said getting up and helping Ronnie up off the bed.

Ronnie and Brad got ready to go out and headed out for a romantic dinner at Ronnie's favorite Italian restaurant and then went home to snuggle in front of the television and watched a movie snuggled together on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. awww yay for Burish defending Brad in the first part against that prick of Ribeiro. Ronnie is still scared of that idiot, Sean *me smacking Sean

    when will Brad propose to Ronnie? huh? update pleaseeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete