Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chapter 20 The End

The American Airlines arena looked spectacular and ready for a wedding. The guests were getting seated and Brad and his groomsmen walked into the front where he and Ronnie were getting married. The minister was chatting with Brad and the other groomsmen.

Brad's mother was seated and then Ronnie's grandmother was seated next and that meant that it was almost time for Ronnie and her bridesmaids to walk down the aisle. Brad was getting slightly nervous and then when he heard the wedding march music his heart rate started going faster. It made him realize that he was doing something so amazing that he was super ready for this adventure in his life and he loved Ronnie more than anything else in the world.

The flower girl, ring bearer and bridesmaids started walking down the aisle and then at the end of the aisle Brad looked up to see Ronnie and her dad, Joe, start to walk towards him. He smiled as he looked at Ronnie and she looked like a princess.

Ronnie looked down the aisle at Brad and could not believe at how gorgeous he looked in a tuxedo. She smiled at him as he looked at her. Her heart was beating so fast because she was so excited about what was about to happen. She was going to be Mrs Brad Richards very soon.

Joe and Ronnie got up to Brad and Joe put Ronnie's hand into Brad's and said, "Take good care of my girl because she is very special".
"I promise to love her and cherish her forever" Brad said and Ronnie smiled and gave her dad a quick kiss on the cheek.

The minister looked at Brad and Ronnie and started the ceremony.

"Brad do you take Ronnie to be your lawful wedded wife?"
"I do" Brad said.
"Ronnie do you take Brad to be your lawful wedded husband?"
"I do" Ronnie said.
"Brad do you have the rings?"
Brad gave the rings to the minster and the minister blessed the rings and then Brad and Ronnie exchanged rings".
"Brad and Ronnie each have some wedding vows they wrote for each other so now they will say them to each other" the minster said and let Brad and Ronnie speak.

Brad started, "Ronnie, you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You have helped me through so much and it means the world to me. I have loved you since the first day I saw you and that has been a long time. And now you are giving me another special gift by carrying my child and you will be an amazing mother too. I will love you forever and be your best friend, lover, and partner in crime for all of my life. I love you".

Ronnie was tearing up with all the special things Brad had just said and she took a breath and started her vows, "Brad, you are everything I have ever wanted in my best friend, husband and lover. You have been there for me during the great times and the tough times and I love you more than anything. I have loved you ever since I met you for the first time. I love you and know that you are going to be a great father to our unborn child. I love you".

"By the powers vested in me by the city of Dallas and state of Texas, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Brad you may now kiss Ronnie" the minister said and then Brad gently pulled Ronnie to him and kissed her deeply on the lips. Then all their family and friends started cheering the new couple.

Brad and Ronnie pulled apart and smiled at each other and then turned to look at everyone and walked down the aisle.

Brad and Ronnie walked over to a side space with the photographer to get a few pictures. Then the minister came over to them and they signed some official papers and then it was time to party at the reception.

*****************

The reception was lots of fun and everyone was having a great time. Brad and Ronnie were having lots of fun.

At one point while everyone was eating and having fun when Ronnie felt something weird and realized that her water broke.

"Oh my god, Brad, oh my god" Ronnie cried out.
"What sweetie, what's wrong?" Brad asked his new wife.
"My water broke and we are having a baby!" Ronnie exclaimed. Brad quickly helped Ronnie and told his parents and then everyone knew and helped the newlyweds to their car and to the hospital for the birth of their baby.

********************

Several hours later Brad and Ronnie were the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy. They named him Lucas Andrew Richards and he was perfect with all his tiny toes and fingers.

"I can not believe I am a father" Brad said holding his new son and just beaming like the new father he was now.
"You are going to be an awesome father to Lucas and I love you so much Mr Richards" Ronnie said smiling at her new son and new husband.
"Ronnie, I love you more because you just gave me this miracle and you are going to be the best mother ever, Mrs Richards" Brad exclaimed and leaned down to kiss Ronnie again.

Brad's parents and Ronnie's dad came into the room. And everyone celebrated Brad and Ronnie's new baby. Ronnie was so happy and realized that everything was perfect in her life because she had Brad by her side, Lucas in her arms and the rest of her family to help her through all of life's twists and turns.

*****************

A few weeks later Ronnie was sitting in her and Brad's house in Tampa Bay holding Lucas. They were enjoying the summer in Tampa Bay and waiting to find out where Brad would be playing hockey next season.

Ronnie looked up to see Brad coming in the door and she smiled.

"Hey beautiful" Brad said coming over to sit down next to Ronnie and Lucas.
"Hey hot stuff" Ronnie said laughing and then Brad leaned in for a kiss.
Lucas started squirming in Ronnie's lap and Brad and Ronnie broke apart from the kiss.
Brad took Lucas from Ronnie and said, "You do not like it when daddy and mommy kiss well sorry pal if you want any more siblings, daddy is going to be kissing mommy a lot more". Ronnie giggled and Brad silenced her again with another mind blowing kiss and Ronnie knew Brad meant he loved her just as much as she love him.

Brad and Ronnie lived happily and deeply in love ever after.

THE END

1 comment:

  1. Awesome chapter. I love it. I hope this comment helps you write more. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I can't believe it finally came to an end.

    ReplyDelete